Calgary Law Specialists
Citizens for Public Power is a non-profit, grassroots organization established to give voice to people’s demand that the power generation system remain in public hands.
Canadian Citizens for Public Power was founded by a group of community leaders from diverse backgrounds including seniors’, consumer, environmental, labour, municipal, and academic.
Citizens for Public Power is registered as a non-profit society funded by donations from individuals and groups.
Citizens for Public Power’s mandate is:
1. To promote the benefits of publicly owned and regulated power generation, transmission and distribution to British Columbians.
2. To advocate for an integrated system of power production, transmission, distribution, and related systems and services that provides affordable, clean, reliable, renewable energy to the people of British Columbia that is owned by the people of British Columbia.
3. To encourage energy conservation and alternative energy sources by public agencies.
4. To ensure that all levels of government and representatives in the Legislature are aware of the benefits of public power.
5. To make British Columbians aware of the implications of the deregulation, privatization, and break-up of BC Hydro.
6. To mobilize business, consumer, and community groups to ensure the interests of British Columbians are represented in any decision regarding BC Hydro.